The Best Smoothie Ever!

Wednesday, 17 August 2016

The best berry and banana smoothie ever!


This is my go to smoothie recipe that I always use! (if i have all of the ingredients!) It's a great mixture of sour and sweet and is so perfect for a snack or breakfast or even for a healthy pudding! It's basically just frozen berries and bananas, but its the extra ingredients that make it so special and yum!


Ingredients:
1 Large Banana
1 Handful of Frozen Berries
1 Small Apple
A Squeeze of Honey
1 Small Drinking yoghurt
50ml of Water
50ml of Fruit Juice

I first add the banana, then a handful of frozen berries - my favourites are the waitress berry mix, which includes strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and small berries which i'm not actually sure what they are! I add some type of yoghurt, this gives it a creamy taste without having to add something naughty, I like to add either natural yoghurt or i even pour in a drinking yoghurt so the consistency isn't so thick. For this particular smoothie I actually added a small apple, I think apple is a good way of getting in more fruit without it becoming too thick, the apple gives it a nice bitterness. I then add some cold water, this again makes a smoother smoothie and also makes sure its nice and cold. To counteract the bitterness I add a very small dollop of either honey or golden syrup (if i'm feeling extra naughty). And lastly I add some fruit juice, I usually add orange but any juice is great. I then just blend it all up and its so delicious trust me!


Let me know if you try it out! Thanks for stopping by xxx