Summer Essentials

Tuesday, 9 August 2016

 Summer is officially here and I thought I would share with you guys my top summer essentials! This doesn't include obvious things like suncream - but a few of my favourite products that I have used for many summers in a row.


1. Sunglasses - A good pair of sunglasses is always necessary for summer, I have especially sensitive eyes so finding a good pair of sunglasses with a high amount of UV protection is really important. I really like these sunglasses from misguided - they are really dark and reflective so they're perfect for really bright or sunny weather!

2. High SPF moisturiser - My favourite moisturiser for the summer is the Simple 'protecting moisture cream' in spf 30. This is such a lovely fresh product that doesn't feel too heavy and sticky but has enough protection to keep your skin really nourished and protected from the sun!

3. Brow Gel - A good brow gel is always a must for me - most importantly in the summer when (I don't know about you!) but my makeup never seems to stay put in the hot sweaty humid weather! A good brow gel just means you don't have to faf around making sure your makeup is in place. The benefit 'ready set brow' is perfect to insure your brows don't end up looking like Spock!



4. Light Body Moisturiser - This Vaseline spray moisturiser is so handy - it has a continuous spray which is also really helpful and the added Aloe Vera means its great if you've caught a bit too much sun! This is also really nice and light so you don't have to wait ages for it to dry - it dries almost instantly.


5. Shimmer Body Oil - This shimmer bronze body oil from The Body Shop is so beautiful. It gives you such a lovely shimmery airbrushed look. I put it on my legs and chest, mostly when I'm on holiday to emphasis my tan and just give me such a lovely holiday glow!


6. Leave In Conditioner - My hair is always a little more dry in the summer because of the heat so I need something extra than just my normal in-shower conditioner. This dove leave in conditioner is perfect for damaged hair. It again is really light and easy to work with, it leaves your hair feeling so weightless and smooth. This conditioner is also really good for coloured hair, if it needs some more tlc!


7. Lip Cream - As well as my hair my lips also get quite dry around the summer time so a quite heavy lip balm is essential for me. Normally I just use Vaseline but during the summer if my lips need something a little more nourishing I use this multipurpose balm by Lanolips. This is a very thick balm and is defiantly for very dry lips but this works wonders!

8. BB Cream - I never really feel like wearing a thick foundation in the summer so a nice light BB cream is perfect. This Garnier BB cream is my absolute favourite. It has a small amount of coverage, but gives such a lovely glow to the skin. The colour isn't over powering so its the perfect product to carry on wearing through the summer when your skin may get slightly darker!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my summer essentials!
Georgie xx